Why beeswax candles?
Many people love to light candles at home to relax and enjoy its scent. But did you know, regular paraffin candles release many of the same noxious compounds as cigarettes when they burn, including benzene and formaldehyde, making the indoor air quality in your home much worse.
The scented candles are even more toxic as the chemicals in the fragrances are derived from petrochemicals which are linked to increased cancer risk, birth defects and allergies. These candles also contain harmful phthalates which have been related to hormone disruption, cancer and even possible fetal exposure to autism.
Don't fret though, beeswax candles come to the rescue!
Here's a list of some of the benefits of burning beeswax candles:
- 100% natural, non-toxic
- Environmentally friendly and safe, free of chemicals
- The only candle that emits negative ions to purify, cleanse, improve air quality
- Burns cleaner than others with no sticky, black petroleum based soot
- Be slow burning with long burn times
- Be virtually dripless in a draft free environment
- Create ambiance with a warm amber glow
- Will not go rancid
The beeswax candles at The Eco Com are 100% natural and handmade in Canada.